Thursday, September 22, 2011

JPN 101!

I am so excited to study 日本語 this semester. I have always loved Japanese culture and food and even got to visit in 2006 with my family for a few weeks but did not have the chance to study it until high school, when I went to the Princeton Community Japanese Language School. Every Sunday morning I would get early to go to class at 9:00 A.M. I love how Japanese, although being a very different language from English, is so organized and phonetic. Every once in a while we would get to partake in some traditional Japanese food, or go to the school's children's book sale, or look at somebody's photo album from a recent trip to Japan. Learning about the culture made the language even more interesting and meaningful. Unfortunately I had to drop out after a few years to focus on my work at high school. And so here I am a few years later, taking Japanese at Princeton. Can't wait to study it again!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like it must have been really fun! Where are the best places to get traditional Japanese food in the area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I didn't know there was a Japanese Language School here. That sounds awesome! When I used to live in Malaysia, I went to Korean Language School. We had it every Saturday morning and I actually didn't like it so much just because I couldn't get more sleep. Anyway, I hope you have lots of fun learning Japanese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joshua, my personal favorite is Ajihei on Chambers Street. It's quite expensive but it is the most authentic Japanese dining experience among Princeton restaurants.

    ReplyDelete